Behind every deal, every change or transformation, and across every area of our business, like our business functions. They help us operate efficiently and sharpen our edge in a fiercely competitive industry. A job here offers diverse experience and influence.
We recruit into five different functions here:
As our operations in Africa grow, our focus within Compliance is on working efficiently as a team to provide a more cohesive and effective service to the business, and to deliver a better experience for our colleagues The growing proportion of cross-regulatory and cross-jurisdictional work we’re taking on presents more diverse challenges and exciting opportunities than ever before.
How should we evaluate the risks we face as an organisation? How should we keep track of these risks as the business grows and the world around us changes? How should we respond in a way that supports our broader business objectives? Join us in Risk, and these are the questions you’ll engage with and have to answer every day.
Data and Analytics:
In Data and Analytics, we focus on unlocking the potential of data and are constantly looking for ways to engage with our customers more authentically, and serve them more efficiently. As part of the team, you’ll help us do just that through dynamic personalised products and experiences, using big data platforms.
If you want to understand how numbers on a page relate to our success on the ground, there’s no better place than Finance. We run accredited SAICA and CIMA accounting programmes.
From private banking, risk management and investment management through to philanthrophy, structured lending and succession plan, this is the area within the bank that provides holistic, best-of-breed advice and solutions to our clients. Join this area, and you could be a part of South Africa’s first truly integrated full-service wealth management company, combining the best of local and global expertise.
- A postgraduate qualification (minimum NQF Level 8) obtained before January 2020 (with the exception of Computer Science, as these students do not need a postgraduate qualification)
- Less than 24 months’ permanent work experience (this excludes temporary work during full-time studies)
- You must be a citizen of the country you are applying, or have the necessary permits and documents to prove you’re eligible to work in that country (you will be required to upload these documents with your application)
Programmes related to professional qualifications:
- SAICA – final year students studying towards BCom Accounting Hons, CTA, GDA or equivalent
- CIMA – students currently completing studies that will propel them to the managerial level at the end of the year they apply (2019)
How to Apply
Email your CVs to: GenA@absa.co.za