You can use your cell phone (or someone else’s) to receive your results. SABC Education and the Department of Basic Education have provided a service that allows you to get an SMS with your results. Yep, it’s pretty awesome! You can register and have your results sent to you as soon as they are released. How? You have two options:
- Register via SMS
- Send your ID number and exam number to 35658
- You’ll get a confirmation SMS once you’ve successfully registered.
- SMSes cost R1 and free SMSes don’t apply
- Get your matric results immediately when they are released
- Use the USSD service
- Dial *120*35658# on the release date
- Answer a few multiple questions
- Enter your ID number
- You will get your matric results per subject
- USSD rates apply
You could also opt for the old-school method by giving the department a call on the day that the results are released. Just take note that a lot of matric students will be phoning to find out their results so you might wait for quite a while to get your results.
What should I do after I get my matric results?
Once you have received your matric marks, remember that you still need to get your matric certificate. You will be able to fetch the certificate once they are printed.
If you are happy with your marks, the next step is to start thinking about University, taking a gap year or doing an internship. Those are just some of the options.